ATRs, the unrepresented -- no elected representatives in the UFT

"The right of voting for representatives is the primary right by which other rights are protected.
"To take away this right is to reduce a man to slavery, for slavery consists in being subject to the will of another."
Thomas Paine, First Principles of Government


Monday, May 12, 2014

"First They Came" by an excessed teacher

This gem needs no introduction.

They came for the Ed Evaluators, but I was not an Ed Evaluator so I did not speak out.
Then they came for the Home Economics Teachers, but I was not a Home Economics Teacher so I did not speak out.
Then they came for the Shop Teachers, but I was not a Shop Teacher so I did not speak out.
Then they came for the Reading Teachers, but I was not a Reading Teacher so I did not speak out.
Then they came for the Literacy Coaches, but I was not a Literacy Coach so I did not speak out.
Then they came for the Librarians, but I was not a Librarian so I did not speak out.
Then they came for the Bi-Lingual Teachers, but I was not a Bi-Lingual Teacher so I did not speak out.
Then they came for the Business Teachers, but I was not a Business Teacher so I did not speak out.
Then they came for the Drama Teachers, but I was not a Drama Teacher so I did not speak out.
Then they came for the Art Teachers, but I was not an Art Teacher so I did not speak out.
Then they came for the Band Teachers, but I was not a Band Teacher so I did not speak out.
Then they came for the Phys Ed Teachers, but I was not a Phys Ed Teacher so I did not speak out.
Then they came for the Computer Teachers, but I was not a Computer Teacher so I did not speak out.
Then they came for the Physics Teachers, but I was not a Physics Teacher so I did not speak out.
Then they came for the Chemistry Teachers, but I was not a Chemistry Teacher so I did not speak out.
Then they came for the Foreign Language Teachers, but I was not a Foreign Language Teacher so I did not speak out.
Then they came for the Dance Teachers, but I was not a Dance Teacher so I did not speak out.
Then they came for the Music Teachers, but I was not a Music Teacher so I did not speak out.
Then they came for the Common Branch Teachers teaching in middle school, but I was not a Common Branch Teacher teaching in middle school so I did not speak out.
Then they came for the Guidance Counselors, but I was not a Guidance Counselor so I did not speak out.
Then they came for the Social Workers, but I was not a Social Worker so I did not speak out.
Then they came for the Older Teachers, but I was not an Older Teacher so I did not speak out.
Then they came for the Minority Teachers, but I was not a Minority Teacher so I did not speak out.

Then they came for me, the regularly assigned teacher --and THERE WAS NO ONE LEFT TO SPEAK FOR ME AND IT WAS TOO LATE.


Just Vote No on the UFT Contract that makes ATRs Harijans!

No comments:

Post a Comment