ATRs, the unrepresented -- no elected representatives in the UFT

"The right of voting for representatives is the primary right by which other rights are protected.
"To take away this right is to reduce a man to slavery, for slavery consists in being subject to the will of another."
Thomas Paine, First Principles of Government


Thursday, March 19, 2015

When a crime is a crime it is when the crime is not righted

"[Making mayoral control permanent] would build predictability into the system, which is important for bringing about the deep, long-range reforms that are needed.” --NYC mayor Bill De Blasio

This system has made me an ATR or as we who were infected by the bloombust reforms call us The Walking Dead, know full well how "reforms" have worked. As to what another mayor will do when this one leaves is of no consolation to me or my brother and sister ATRs. We will have been long retired and unaffected by what the next mayor does or doesn't do to a system that is so far gone that it is a hair's breath from being declared terminal. I came into the system wanting to do nothing else but teach. Yet, the city that I was born, grew up and educated in has done everything that it can do to destroy that once love I had.
My legacy (HA!) is that of being abused and disrespected by the system that I was proud to work for, once, long ago.     --"Walker"

4 comments:

  1. It is an absolute joke. There are less and less consequences for students and more for teachers. It is truly becoming an impossible job with the left believing that every child should be given a 10th chance so that they do not end up hating themselves when they get older. Without consequences are there any actual rules?

    ReplyDelete
  2. New mayor, new chancellor and same old UFT. Why didn't Mulgrew advocate for us instead of solidifying the ATR stereotype with the new contract!? Why did our union brothers and sisters pass this? Us today, you tomorrow. Schools have very inexperienced teachers learning on the fly while experienced veteran teachers are used as subs. Who's really hurt? The students.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trying to break me? I WAS GOING TO RETIRE THIS COMING JULY. What for. 6 figure salary and I sit all day, reading books and discovering PINTEREST!!!Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah this is my first year as an ACR since my school has closed. I rotated for the first semester. Now I have been permanently placed in a school for the second semester. I was not notified that I was to remain in the school. I was going by the weekly email and it kept saying the same school. Then one week I didn't get an email so I called and they told me that I was requested by the HR dept to stay at the school for the remainder of the school year. Ummm!! That's nice to know. I think I should have been told and the lady on the phone said I don't know why you weren't notified but that's it you have to stay there. So here I am sitting at a school who could care less that I am here. The administration still hasn't given me an assignment knowing that Ill be here for the duration. This is some sick nonsense. Here I am an experienced employee with 27 years of satisfactory service and you choose to not utilize me. Ok, well at first I took it personally. But the more I thought about it I figured what the hell I'll do like the comment above me and keep my 6 figure salary and discover pinterest. I love Pinterest. :-)
    I still feel a little displaced and disrespected but not enough to make me quit!!

    ReplyDelete